Thursday 12 December 2013

A dilemma with nature

Peter and I were in the summer house (read garden shed but was originally built to be my summer house), making kitchen doors! When I saw a streak of bright blue above the pond.  Seconds later out from the pond flew a kingfish bright blue and orange.  Unfortunately in its mouth it had one of my fish.

Now I like birds and I do think we should let nature take its course but over the next 30 mins he came back and took 2 more fish.  That decided it, out came the netting.  He came back again for a fourth time but saw the netting.  He made a further 4 attempts before he gave up for the afternoon.

It is lovely to see such beautiful birds but I also want to keep my fish.  I am afraid he will have to go fishing in Rutland Water where are plenty of fish but of course these are probably more of a challenge as they are much bigger.

Doors are progressing!


No comments:

Post a Comment